Virtual Meetup 30/4: Walter Almeida presents a low code platform

Thanks Walter for the nice demo and for staying around for the many questions!

I have another question about UI modeling: you mentioned you have been working on a new architecture using Vue.js (did I get that right?). If that is correct, my question to you is: does the new approach produce the UI code as a model-to-text transformation based on the model (like you have with the backend), is it a generic client that can build the UI at runtime based on the model for that UI, or some other approach?

As I mentioned during the call, I am a proponent of decoupling things whenever sensible so they can be reused and combined with other tools independently (the more choices you tie together, the less likely it is for a solution to satisfy someone’s use case). It seems to me model-driven UIs are great candidates for being done standalone, decoupled from the technological choices for the rest of the modeling platform: there is already a physical separation between the front-end and the back-end, and the stack for the front-end is quite consolidated (since Javascript won that war). I have been looking into tackling that part of the problem (which is a major gap in my own tool), and if there is opportunity for collaboration in that front, I’d be very interested.

1 Like