Virtual Meetup: Subject Matter First Manifesto

Hi Community,

I am happy to announce that this Thursday (the 25th of March), Markus Völter, Sergej Koščejev, and Federico Tomassetti will hold a discussion about the Manifesto updated and revised with the comments and feedback received in the previous presentation.

Also, remember that in December we changed the link to join the Meetup!

The goal of this initiative is to present clearly the kind of DSL solutions they have been building for years.

Those solutions are very different from other usages of DSLs such as internal DSLs or DSLs built for developers but these differences are not always clear.

They are trying to win the lack of awareness regarding these solutions, which are still largely ignored by many who could benefit from them.

This could be achieved only through a community effort, so they hope they can count on your feedback to put together the final version of this Manifesto and to later promote it.

And if you are thinking of proposing a talk, it is time to come forward. Just let me know by replying to this message.

How to connect

To avoid other security issues is now necessary to register for the meeting. The registration should be necessary just once and be valid for all the next meetings you will participate in. I understand it is a little extra effort but it would avoid problems like the ones we encountered:

Registration for the Virtual Meetup

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. It will also permit you to add it to your calendar.

Time

It is hosted on Zoom at 6 PM GMT+1/CET (you can use this link to figure out which time is in your timezone: The Time Zone Converter).

Cheers,
Elisa

P.S. We get a recurring question: “Are presentations recorded?”. The answer is not and the reasons are explained here On recording Virtual Meetups - #7 by voelter

At the end of the meeting someone mentioned a manifesto-generator. Here is a strategy generator by Simon Wardley: https://strategy-madlibs.herokuapp.com/ code on GitHub - wwest4/strategy-madlibs: simon wardley's algorithm for boilerplate bullshit strategy generation to quickly generate a lot of hollow phrases.

Please see his great talk " Crossing the River by Feeling the Stones", which is available on YouTube in several versions. Here is the Goto-conference Copenhagen 2018: GOTO 2018 • Crossing the River by Feeling the Stones • Simon Wardley - YouTube . He explaines why those kind of general statements are useless and what are better solutions. One of his main points: a good map not only shows you where you are, but also a direction to go to (my summary). The same holds for a strategy statement… or a manifesto.

2 Likes