Virtual Meetup: KernelF, a reusable language for DSLs

Hi Community,

I am happy to announce that this Thursday (the 21st of January) @voelter will present KernelF.

Also, remember that in December we changed the link to join the Meetup!

Markus Völter is an expert in language engineering and DSLs. In the time left from flying gliders and running the omega tau podcast, Markus has written the book “DSL Engineering” (http://dslbook.org/), authored academic papers, and worked with tens of companies to design and introduce DSL solutions based on JetBrains MPS.

In this presentation, Markus will focus on KernelF, a functional language implemented in MPS targeted for use as the core of DSLs. Using KernelF, DSLs can be built quickly and on a solid basis. It has lots of extensions useful in DSLs, including date and time, temporal types, and physical units. It also ships with an interpreter for interactive execution in MPS. KernelF is open-source software.

And if you thinking a proposing a talk, it is time to come forward. Just let me know by replying to this message or write to me (@ftomassetti )

How to connect

To avoid other security issues is now necessary to register for the meeting. The registration should be necessary just once and be valid for all the next meetings you will participate in. I understand it is a little extra effort but it would avoid problems like the ones we encountered:

Registration for the Virtual Meetup

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. It will also permit you to add it to your calendar.

Time

It is hosted on Zoom at 6PM GMT+1/CET (you can use this link to figure out which time is in your timezone: The Time Zone Converter).

Cheers,
Federico

P.S. We get a recurring question: “Are presentations recorded?”. The answer is not and the reasons are explained here On recording Virtual Meetups - #7 by voelter

3 Likes