Virtual Meetup: How can we build the best possible parsers?

Hi Community,

I am happy to announce that this Thursday (the 1st of April), Federico Tomassetti will hold a discussion about how can we build the best possible parsers?

Also, remember that in December, we changed the link to join the Meetup!

Federico will share some reflections he is doing based on his experience working on JavaParser and later designing parsers for Strumenta’s clients. The goal is to have discussions about what problems there are with current parsers and how they could be addressed.

Federico is the founder of Strumenta Community; he has got his PhD in Language Engineering studying between Italy and Germany. As a Software Architect, he helps Clients and Partners to assess their situation and identify the best option to solve their problem. Federico is very passionate about Language Engineering, and he contributes to the Language Engineering community by writing articles, participating in Program Committees at different conferences, giving presentations and interviewing other actors in this field.

And if you are thinking of proposing a talk, it is time to come forward. Just let me know by replying to this message.

How to connect

To avoid other security issues is now necessary to register for the meeting. The registration should be necessary just once and be valid for all the next meetings you will participate in. I understand it is a little extra effort, but it would avoid problems like the ones we encountered:

Registration for the Virtual Meetup

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. It will also permit you to add it to your calendar.

Time

It is hosted on Zoom at 6 PM GMT+1/CET (you can use this link to figure out which time is in your timezone: The Time Zone Converter).

Cheers,
Elisa

P.S. We get a recurring question: “Are presentations recorded?”. The answer is not, and the reasons are explained here On recording Virtual Meetups - #7 by voelter

As @oscaretu suggested, here are the links from the discussion:

Thank you all!

4 Likes

In his presentation @ftomassetti showed this URL: Ohm Editor that is related to https://ohmlang.github.io/

Kind regards,
Oscar

1 Like

Related to my suggestion of exploring WebAssembly instead of JSON, perhaps these can be alternatives: Transit, MessagePack.