Virtual Meetup - DSLs for Tax Calculation at DATEV

Hi Community,

I am happy to announce that this Thursday (the 22nd of April), we will hold a discussion with Markus Völter and Yulia Komarov about DSLs for Tax Calculation at DATEV.

Also, remember that in December, we changed the link to join the Meetup!

DATEV is the leading software supplier for tax advisors in Germany and another example of the successful adoption of DSLs in the financial and government domain. In this presentation, we will take a look at the DSL approach from the business perspective: the advantages we expect to reach and problems we have to tackle. We will discuss the good, the bad and the ugly we faced during the development of the DSL and its introduction into the organization. We will cover both our positive and negative lessons learned.

Yulia Komarov holds a Master in Business Informatics from HSE University in Russia. She works as a software architect and leads the DSL development at the DATEV tax department. For several years she has supported the development of fiscal software as a technical lead, architect and sparring partner for domain experts.

Markus Voelter holds a diploma in physical engineering from FH Ravensburg-Weingarten and a PhD in computer science from TU Delft. Markus is an independent consultant, in the professional career he has consulted, coached and developed in a wide range of industries, including finance, automotive, health, science and IT, language engineering and DSLs.

And if you are thinking of proposing a talk, it is time to come forward. Just let me know by replying to this message.

How to connect

To avoid other security issues is now necessary to register for the meeting. The registration should be necessary just once and be valid for all the next meetings you will participate in. I understand it is a little extra effort, but it would avoid problems like the ones we encountered:

Registration for the Virtual Meetup

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. It will also permit you to add it to your calendar.

Time

It is hosted on Zoom at 6 PM GMT+1/CET (you can use this link to figure out which time is in your timezone: The Time Zone Converter).

Cheers,
Elisa

P.S. We get a recurring question: “Are presentations recorded?”. The answer is not, and the reasons are explained here On recording Virtual Meetups - #7 by voelter

1 Like

As always, great presentation from Markus!

Hallo Frederico and everyone,

I would like to apologize for not being able to give the talk as planned. I hope it didn’t disappoint anyone and I’m sure Markus did his best (thanks!).
If you still have any questions, I would be very happy to answer them. Just contact me here or on LinkedIn.

1 Like

Hi Yulia, no problem and thank you for making yourself available for more questions!