New Member - William (Bill) Bailey

Hello All,

I am Bill Bailey, a software developer and architect with nearly 30 years experience developing enterprise applications. My experience in language engineering is very limited, mostly academic, but I have always had an interest in the topic so I have done a little reading and experimentation over the years. In the last few years I have grown frustrated with some of the tooling (or lack thereof) for Azure Cosmos DB and had some ideas about how I might fill some of those gaps with a custom built tool. In order to make the tool as appealing as possible for as wide an audience as possible, I decided I would need to create a DSL for the tool. I stumbled across the Strumenta books and training courses and decided to make the investment. I still have a day job and family so I expect this to be a personal experiment that will probably stretch out over a longer period of time, perhaps a year or more, but I am sure I will have plenty of questions. I am hoping this forum can become a valuable resource for me. If my experiment goes well I suspect I will be incorporating language engineering a lot more into the systems I help to build. The course and books all look very intriguing and I am looking forward to getting started. Nice to meet everyone.

Bill Bailey

7 Likes

Welcome Bill. Iā€™m new here too.

1 Like