Hi, my name is Molina, Pedro J. Molina

Hi everyone!
Glad to see so many people interested in language engineering and DSLs.
I have a a decent experience building modeling and code-gen tools.

A good summary of my background in the area can be found in this interview Federico did me for his blog and in my personal page.

My current projects involve:

• Essential: Metamodeling toolkit for the web.
  • Quid. Modeling of Web Componenents

Totally focused in building modeling tools on the Web now at Metadev.
Looking forward to have productive discussions with all of you here,
Cheers!

Pedro J.

8 Likes

Have we met? :wink: Welcome home, Pedro!

1 Like

Hi Pedro, it is so good to see you here!

1 Like

Hey Pedro ! Nice to see you again :wink:

1 Like

@pjmolina, I did a quick check on Quid for a few minutes and within that span of time, I really liked what I saw. The simplicity of the syntax is very intuitive and very clean. The real-time Dependency Designer is really helpful for users to visualize the component/page you’re designing. I will definitely investigate further. A few questions though.

1. Is Quid going to be open-sourced?
  2. If not, will there be a way for outsiders to create their own generators? Right now, if I say I need a Blazor output, I believe I need to wait for you guys to create the generator for it, right?

Thanks,

Noli

1 Like

Hi @nolisanjose
Thank you for taking the time to review Quid. I am very glad you found it useful.

About your questions:

1. Is Quid going to be open-sourced?

Not in the short-term. We have on-going commercial projects licensing Quid.
But open to your ideas: thinking about to open-source the model, parser and/or the renderer/interpreter.

1. If not, will there be a way for outsiders to create their own generators? Right now, if I say I need a Blazor output, I believe I need to wait for you guys to create the generator for it, right?

Right. Today new targets for code-gen is added on demand. But once we expose the AST and document it will be easy to plug any other code-gen backend (Model to Text - M2T) to generate your preferred target language.

Let’s talk off-line to understand your uses cases and see how we can make Quid suitable for you.

1 Like

Good talk. Let’s see how we can move from there. Thanks!

1 Like