Hello from Ecuador

Hello, my name is Gary Pollice. I worked as a softwre engineer for more than 35 years for various companies. Most of my work was in software tools and languages, specifically compiler work. I left industry in 2003 to teach computer science at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Worcester, Massachusetts, USA. In 2015 I decided to have a little retirement adventure and my wife and I moved to Cuenca, Ecuador.

I still teach online courses for my university, specifically Object-Oriented Analysis and Design and Compilers. I’m hoping to learn more about DSLs and possible create a course on DSLs for my students. I’ve developed several DSLs using tools like ANTLR throughout my career and believe that understanding how to build linguistic tools adds great value to any software developer’s toolbox.

3 Likes

I just learned this last week that an old acquaintance of mine had moved to Cuenca. Hadn’t heard of it before that, now twice within a week.

If he would like any help or information, tell him to contact me.

Thanks. He’s been there almost a year, but I will talk to him soon and let you know.