Denotational Engineering

Denotational Engineering is about designing programming languages so that we start from denotations and later derive syntax from them. This method guarantees the existence of a denotational semantics. See English version
I am a professor in the Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences and a member of Academia Europaea, section Informatics Academy of Europe: Informatics. My ORCID: ORCID.
Currently, I am teaching a one-semester course devoted to my project at the Department of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics at the University of Warsaw.
I am seeking people interested in developing programming languages, talking to them, listening to them, and possibly having feedback from them. I am also open to seeing newcomers to my project.

3 Likes

Dear Prof. Blikle, I am currently doing research on this subject. Perhaps not from the same angle as you , but very concerned with semantics, and have devised a novel language which eliminates most of the common errors that one encounters while programming graphical interactive software. I don’t have formal proofs, but i can demonstrate the principles behind it, and show that it works. the semantic portion is highly important to me, as the syntax of langauges is constantly being fiddled with in various projects, but few tackle the ambiguity of the semantics, particularly in the temporal area where most bugs occur.